Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2012

mid week catch up!

Evening!

The girls have gone to bed, and the boys are all busy playing, including Paul..so I get half hour to update you guys on my craftiness lately :)

Today I had a mini scrap day, and managed to get a couple of pages finished. 
Even tho I managed to somehow drop my craft knife and catch it on the back of my thumb, causing a bit of blood and stinging!!!! at least this time i didn't lose the end of my finger, so it could have been worse :)

Firstly i managed to finish a page I started last night, I was inspired by Shimelle Laine's starting point, as always :)

And notice if you will how at the bottom of the post is the page i did last week.It is in the top 4 of Shimelle's favourites :) I was so chuffed, seeing that really made my day :)
thanks Shimelle xxxx

so here is the page that I made from this weeks starting point:


This is a photo of Lola from Christmas time, we visited Santa and did a bit of ice skating at Cadbury Garden centre and this is one of the pics from our family fun day. 

I must add how easy i found this layout to do since sorting out my embellishments bag!
It was getting to a point where all stickers, wood pieces, etc were all getting thrown in everywhere so it was a real chore to try and find anything. so at the weekend i emptied my bag and tidied it up, I now have a section for my chipboard butterflies, you know the type, studio calico, maya road etc... a separate compartment for tags, labels and tabs, another for my chipboard clouds, for my circle shapes, my hexagon shapes, my flower shapes.... so now i know when i want something in particular where I will find it. its been very useful, especially in fighting against my battle of the embellishments. I am trying hard to make my pages less boring, and finally i think I am getting somewhere?!?!!?!?

so my second page is based on a prompt from my LOAD challenge and was to do a monochromatic page, i think I did this one well:


You must excuse the poor quality photo, its getting dark here with the rain and stuff so the colours are not perfect, but you get the idea. 
The photo is one from our collection that we got from our family photo shoot with Clifton photographic company. YES they were dead expensive, but i am very very pleased with the amount of gorgeous photos I have of my gorgeous family.
Today Ali was here and she managed to fill my the photo wall (that my mum bought me for xmas) with my new posh photos, and it looks fabulous!!!!!
Maybe i should take a pic sometime to show you?

Any ways I chose to use this photo of Mike to do a 10 things i love about you at 10 years old page. 
The sketch came from the creative scrappers ebook, page 20 and all the layers seem to work in all the different but similar blue tones. 

thanks for dropping by today, hope to see you soon xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, love both your pages, and congrats on being recognized in the top 4, wonderful!!! Yes, you definitely nailed the monochromatic thingey, and I love the "10 things at 10 years" idea - I'll write that one down for Nolan, he's 10 in August! Both photos are gorgeous, your kids are adorable!!! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete