Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

breaking the rules!!!

ok so second page of the day, this time using Amy Tangerines class by Studio calico which is called stretch your kit.

I was a bit disappointed when i opened the first assignment from her as I love her products but wasn't totally in love with her scrapbook page, plus I was also put off by the fact that I thought it would relate to the new kit that we will receive this month but instead it focuses on last months kit, of which I have already used most of. 

I was not going to be out of pocket tho, i had paid for the class, which runs all month so I'm hoping it might get more inspirational, so I am going to make the most of it. I decided to do my own page based on the steps that she had laid out but with my own products and with my own style in it. 
here it is:


it uses paint swooshes (you'll love that bit Carole!! :) )
and layers of punched strips of paper... she had used one large punch which had a layered effect but I made do with what i had to hand. 
I also just received a new shop delivery and in the box, was new sizzix dies, they are kinda like nestibilities but sizzix own range. love them a lot!!
thats how I managed to stack the stars up and i LOVE how they look!!!

I also didn't have an A in the sparkly alphabet so had to replace it with a tim holtz grunge 'A' which i painted in the same colour as the pink swoosh at the bottom. I also managed to add a little of my other have product at the moment in.... the washi tape! really love it and am likely to use it to death :)

also for Aunty chris here is a picture of Elsie moo with her toy horse in her mouth last night, Mum noticed and said aww look she's so hungry she could eat a horse, so I grabbed a photo and that will be the title when i get around to scrapping it.



its amazing how big her eyes look, especially in that first picture!!! 

anyway enough from me for now...

see you soon xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Emma ... I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the paint splodges :)

    How come it always looks great when other people are brave and do it on their layouts, but not so much when I try?!

    Loving the stars too.

    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete